Our Mission: The Louisiana Crafts Guild passionately teaches and promotes creative expression and artistic excellence in Fine Craft.
The Louisiana Crafts Guild is an organization of juried Fine Crafts Artisans located throughout the state of Louisiana and the Southern Region of the United States. Because of our stringent jury requirements and dedication to excellence in fine craft, only three out of every ten applicants is approved for membership. Members of the Guild are active in their community and give back by providing demonstrations to schools, churches, libraries and other organizations. Our members’ generosity abounds with donations to support community events, non-profit organizations and fundraisers.
What We Do:
We serve as a resource to artists and the community in several ways:
The Louisiana Crafts Guild offers opportunities for artists to sell their artwork; and, the community to enjoy and purchase these works at:
- Identification and promotion of fine craftsmen throughout the state
- Centralized communication of calls to artists and artist opportunities
- A monthly newsletter
- Workshops for artists throughout the state
- Workshops for children and the community at the Acadiana Children’s Museum in Lafayette, Louisiana and several Guild sanctioned art shows
The Guild currently works with the state of Louisiana on three ongoing projects:
- Louisiana Crafts Guild Sans Souci Fine Crafts Gallery in Lafayette
- The Vault Exhibit at the Acadiana Center for the Arts in Lafayette
- “The Store” at the Barnwell Memorial Garden and Art Center in Shreveport, Louisiana
- The Louisiana Crafts Guild Gallery at the Bolten House Gallery of the River Oaks Square Arts Center in Alexandria, Louisiana
- The Gift Shop at the Art Park of the Hodges Gardens State Park in Florien, Louisiana
- Several Guild sanctioned arts shows and festivals throughout the state
- Guild management and takeover of the State’s Fait a la Main crafts marketing program
- World Cultural Economic Forum Louisiana Visual Artisans Exhibition
- Development of an Arts Park at the Hodges Gardens State Park. Currently, there is only one other such park in the country which is located in New York.